Hello from Oklahoma City

Come in and say hi. Let us know a little about you and where you heard about the Commander X16 or this forum.
ElDiabloRamon

Heart Hello from Oklahoma City

Post by ElDiabloRamon »

I just discovered this project! I was actually looking into ArdunioUNO and MEGA boards to build a 8 bit computer, and have a BMC64 RPi i am using for a C64 clone. however this project looks super promising. I am hoping this will be the next gold standard for a retro 8 bit system that new games can be developed for, and BBS software like MysticBBS can run on.
ahenry3068

Re: Hello from Oklahoma City

Post by ahenry3068 »

Welcome.

Make sure you also join the DISCORD. Hope you have as good a time with it as I have.

Tony
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

ahenry3068 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:36 am Make sure you also join the DISCORD.
For those unaware, What is Discord, why should one join it and how do you join it?
Edmond D

Post by Edmond D »

mortarm wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:10 am For those unaware, What is Discord, why should one join it and how do you join it?
I wonder what ChatGPT would say ;)
ahenry3068

Post by ahenry3068 »

BING Has this to say...
Discord is a platform that allows you to chat, voice call, and video call with other people online. You can use Discord to join or create servers, which are communities of people who share common interests, hobbies, games, or topics. You can also use Discord to send direct messages, create group chats, and share media files with your friends.To join a Discord server, you need to have an invite link or find the server on the Discord app. You can download and install the Discord app on your device, or use a web browser to access Discord. You also need to create a Discord account or log in if you already have one. Once you find the server you want to join, click the “Join” button on the server page. You may need to read and accept the server’s rules and guidelines before you can participate.
Learn more:
There is a link to the X16 Discord server here on the Home page.
kelli217

Post by kelli217 »

mortarm wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:10 am
ahenry3068 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:36 am Make sure you also join the DISCORD.
For those unaware, What is Discord, why should one join it and how do you join it?
It's very much like IRC, but with back-scrolling to see stuff you weren't connected for, search the back buffer, and ability to post media clips (pictures, audio, video, links). There's also a voice chat/video chat facility.