The Commander X16 Begins Shipping Next Week!

Announcements by the development team or forum staff.
Kevin Williams

The Commander X16 Begins Shipping Next Week!

Post by Kevin Williams »

Hello everyone!

If you placed a pre-order for the Commander X16, we have an update! I know we said Feb 29th, but we are excited to announce that 150+ Commander X16 machines have arrived from manufacturing, and we are testing them now. We are working out a few last-minute details, but we expect to start shipping some machines next week.

We don’t know when all the machines will be back from manufacturing, but our intention is to ship them in them in the order they were purchased. This means that your machine may not ship right away, or even by Feb 29th. However, we are going to get them going as soon as we have them tested and packaged.

Once your preorder is released you will receive an email confirming that your payment had been processed, or you will receive a request for payment depending on the option you selected at checkout. After payment is completed, we will ship your order within a few business days. A completed order email, including the tracking number, will be sent upon shipment.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist you. Please add [email protected] to your safe sender list if you haven't already done so. We will be sending emails as orders process, and we want to make sure you get your tracking number and invoice.

Thanks so much from the Commander X16 Team!
Airxx

Re: The Commander X16 Begins Shipping Next Week!

Post by Airxx »

This is welcome news! Is there any sort of order number range associated with this pre-order so we can compare ours to the number you have to release (150) and figure out if we are likely to get one of these early shipments? Thanks and Happy New Years!
Bill Leue

Post by Bill Leue »

Excellent! I hope the quality control shows the new boards pass muster. I know I am one of the earliest buyers, so I am getting really excited to hear if I am lucky!

-Bill
Karl Hultland

Post by Karl Hultland »

Ouch, I just made a new preorder and canceled the old one to add the power adapter to the package and switched to a quicker shipping option. I hope it won't sabotage my delivery time...
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

Karl Hultland wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:17 pm I hope it won't sabotage my delivery time...
Ever get out of line at the store to get one more thing. It's like that.
darvidanoar

Post by darvidanoar »

Woohoo!
Got my email this morning with tracking number.
Thanks David and Kevin!
Bill Leue

Post by Bill Leue »

I got an email from Paypal saying that my bill to DFW Resale has been paid, but have not got my tracking number yet.
The amount is correct, but who the heck is DFW Resale?
-Bill
Bill Leue

Post by Bill Leue »

My CommanderX16 serial number PR00074 arrived late last night. No tracking number was ever emailed to me. This could have been a catastrophe, because we had heavy rain all last night, and the package arrived after we went to bed, so it stood outside in the rain all night. When I found it on my doorstep this morning, it was thoroughly soaked, so much that the outer carton was badly swollen and sagging. Fortunately, the inner packing seems to have kept out the water, and only the packing list was soaked.

I hope this doesn't happen to others; otherwise somebody's X16 is going to get ruined or stolen. :(
-Bill
mortarm

Post by mortarm »

Bill Leue wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:42 pm I hope this doesn't happen to others; otherwise somebody's X16 is going to get ruined or stolen. :(
Unfortunately, the package carrier services these days don't give a crap about how packages are left. Even though I have an overhang on my front porch, I've had a number of packages left in the open, just a couple feet from where they would've been protected from the elements. And trust me, complaining to them about it is useless.
glockr

Post by glockr »

Got ship notification with tracking number this morning. Looking forward to building the kit.