Time to Downsize?

Talk about anything not remotely related to retrocomputing here!
mortarm

Time to Downsize?

Post by mortarm »

I've been on the forums for a number of months and noticed that quite a few of them haven't been touched since I've been here. For the sake of freeing up resources and improving navigation, I'm wondering if it might be prudent to trim the tree, as it were.
ahenry3068

Re: Time to Downsize?

Post by ahenry3068 »

mortarm wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:41 pm I've been on the forums for a number of months and noticed that quite a few of them haven't been touched since I've been here. For the sake of freeing up resources and improving navigation, I'm wondering if it might be prudent to trim the tree, as it were.
Just because no one is posting doesn't mean no one is reading... I browse the archives from time to time. I've found useful information there.
DragWx

Post by DragWx »

I don't think it's hurting anything to leave the extra forums there, even if some are rarely used. Then again, I mostly use "unread posts", "active topics", and the search to find things rather than going into the actual topic list for each forum.
Ser Olmy

Post by Ser Olmy »

I have to concur with the previous two posters. Being able to search through older posts is useful, and like DragWx I mostly use the "unread posts" search function whenever I log in to the forum.

Also, this is not a huge board by any stretch of the imagination. I doubt purging some lesser used forums would have a noticeable impact on performance.
JimmyDansbo

Post by JimmyDansbo »

Just because they are not being used right now does not mean they will never be.
We are expecting more people to join as the hardware becomes more readily available. At that time there may be good use for the forums.
Visit my Github repo
or my personal site with CX16/C64/6502 related information.
Feel free to contact me regarding any of my projects or even about meeting up somewhere near Denmark
ahenry3068

Post by ahenry3068 »

JimmyDansbo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:35 pm Just because they are not being used right now does not mean they will never be.
We are expecting more people to join as the hardware becomes more readily available. At that time there may be good use for the forums.
I've haven't noticed any more people on the board at any one time. (and I'm signed on most of the time by default when at my computer). But I have noticed a VERY significant Increase in the number of times my programs are being downloaded since shipment of the production run. Here's hoping that trend continues ... ! ;)