BASIC examples galore

For posting library code and examples.
voidstar

BASIC examples galore

Post by voidstar »

I came across this old "digital" (DEC) book with over 100 BASIC examples. Although from 1975, some of them are actually interesting (especially since they go into the X16 exactly as-is).

I wonder if there is a repo where someone has transcribed all these examples as-is, into a text file, as a starting point (to then port across various systems BASIC - actually that might be an worthy github project, with subfolders for each platform)

https://archive.org/details/101basiccomputer0000davi/

BTW, I wasn't sure if this should go under "Libraries and Examples" - in otherwords, where should X16 folks go to ask BASIC programming questions? Or to notify about BASIC repos or examples like this? (note sure if suitable for a new forum category? some might be intimidated to ask is a more general category)

On the X16 SD card, I put a set of a few BASIC examples in \EXPLORE\BASIC\TUTORIAL
mortarm

Re: BASIC examples galore

Post by mortarm »

Bit of trivia: This was the forerunner of the book, "BASIC Computer Games: Microcomputer Edition" also written by David Ahl, Editor of Creative Computing magazine. This was a very popular book, selling over a million copies.
...where should X16 folks go to ask BASIC programming questions? Or to notify about BASIC repos or examples like this?
The most logical place would be the Programming forum. General Retro Chat would work, too.