Wont Power Up

Get help from the community & developers with the X16 hardware if you can't find the solution elsewhere
Hanover

Wont Power Up

Post by Hanover »

I put into my mAtx case and the power is connected along with the ATX power supply...and when I push the power button, the power/HD light comes on for a second and then turns off. I can see the yellow power light on the motherboard also come on for a little bit, but nothing happens. Tried different power supplies, but it does the same thing. Tried it with and without the SD card. Tried it with more than one 16 pin mATX power connector, Do I need to RMA this?
DragWx

Re: Wont Power Up

Post by DragWx »

If multiple ATX power supplies are immediately powering off after powering on, that makes me think there's a short on the board somewhere.

By any chance, did you try powering up your board before it went into the case?
ahenry3068

Post by ahenry3068 »

DragWx wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:20 pm If multiple ATX power supplies are immediately powering off after powering on, that makes me think there's a short on the board somewhere.

By any chance, did you try powering up your board before it went into the case?
There's been a couple different issues actually, none involving short's on the motherboard that I'm aware of. In the case of some PicoPSU's there have been Bulk capacitance issues. In the case of conventional ATX power supplies it appears there are some out there that don't recognize the X16 as being "a load" due to insufficient current draw. Thus they shut down immedietly on power up.
pquinton

Post by pquinton »

I've just had a similar issue where I was using a "pico" PSU and the X16 wouldn't power up (managed to get it to do it once). I swapped it out for a genuine PicoPSU-120 and everything worked fine after that.